Oval Contemporary Lever Gate Latch
(Build Your Own Package)
The Oval Contemporary Gate Latch can be used with modern, contemporary and mid-century modern style homes.
If you're looking for a modern lever gate latch, this stainless steel gate latch is ideal for coastal locations. The Oval Latch is crafted of stainless steel and aluminum, then powder coated satin black for protection against the elements. The lever handles are spring-loaded for smooth operation.
The Oval Latch fits gates up to 5-1/2" thick; specify gate thickness with order. Please note: When you order a latch for a thickness over 4" our order entry system will automatically add a longer spindle to your order.
The Oval Contemporary Gate Latch accommodates both in-swinging and out-swinging gates. For out-swinging gates, the latching side of the latch is installed on the side of the gate that it swings toward.
Details for this gate latch
Material: Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Mechanism: Spring-Loaded
- Backset: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
Finishes available: Satin Black powder coat
Set includes mounting hardware, metal spindle + spacers
Fits gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
Operable from both sides.
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates.
Handing required with order.
Dimensions of this stainless steel latch
- Plate: 3-1/4" square
- Handle: 4-3/4"l
- Latch-arm length: extends 2.0625" from the edge of the plate
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16" thick
- Projection: 2-3/8"
- Fasteners included: 1-1/2" long
- 4.5" x 4.5" Stainless Steel Ball-Bearing Hinges
- 4.5" x 4.5" Stainless Steel Self-Closing Spring Hinge Combo Set
- 12" Marine Grade Stainless Steel Cranked Band Hinges
- 16" Marine Grade Stainless Steel Cranked Band Hinges
- 18" Galvanized Steel Cranked Band Hinges
- 24" Marine Grade Stainless Steel Cranked Band Hinges
Gate StopEach Oval Latch set includes a gate stop (coordinating Satin Black finish). Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life.
What is a gate stop? Gate stops are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force).
Gate stop is required for latch warranty.
Product ImagesWe're always looking for new photos of our hardware installed on your projects! Send us your photos for a chance to win $100 off your next order!
Warranty & Return Information
Warranty360 Yardware warrants this hardware to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for two years from the original invoice date. Gate stop installation is required for latch warranty to be in effect.
Non-custom merchandise is returnable or exchangeable within 30 days of delivery. We charge a 15% restocking fee for returns (nothing for exchanges). Products must be received in original, uninstalled condition.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.
- – Refund, less 15% restocking fee, will be issued.
To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.