Alta Modern Gate Latch
The Alta Contemporary Modern Stainless Steel Gate Latch is a lovely modern gate latch. Available exclusively through 360 Yardware, we have created another gorgeous gate latch!
The Alta is a two-sided latch, operable from both sides. It accommodates both in-swinging and out-swinging gates. For out-swinging gates, the latch-arm portion of the latch is installed on the street-side of the gate.
If you're looking for a modern lever gate latch, this stainless steel gate latch is ideal for coastal locations. The Alta Latch is crafted of 316 Stainless Steel for the best protection against the elements. The lever handles are spring-loaded for smooth operation, so it works not just for contemporary gates, but also for pool gates because it's self-latching. This gate latch is precision-machined for flawless function.
When you've put the effort and expense into designing and building a unique modern or contemporary wooden gate, you need a modern gate latch to complement the design. The Alta Latch is that gate latch!
The Alta Latch fits gates up to 5-1/2" thick; specify gate thickness with order.
What if I don't know the exact thickness of my gate yet? If you don't know the exact thickness of the gate, please overestimate. The metal rod connecting the handles through the body of the gate can be cut down on-site by your installer.
The Alta Contemporary Lever Latch is proudly made in Portland, Oregon, USA. Your purchase supports a small business and we appreciate it!
Latch photo by T.S. Whalen.
Plate Dimensions: 3-1/2" w x 4-1/2" h
Handle Dimensions: 4-3/4" l x 3/4" w x 3/4" d
Latch-Arm Length Dimensions: 4-1/2" from center to end; arm extends 2" past edge of plate
Strike Dimensions: 3-1/4" h x 1-1/2" w x 3/16" thick
Handle Projection: 2-3/8"
Handing required with order. To determine gate's swing direction, click here.
- We offer a coordinating brushed stainless steel deadbolt for a complete ensemble. Deadbolts are available in either single or double cylinder, depending on your needs.
- For any gate over 2-1/8" thick (for single cylinder) and 1-7/8" thick (for double cylinder), you'll need to add an extension kit. With an extension kit, the single cylinder deadbolt fits gates up to 2-3/4" thick, while the double cylinder deadbolt will fit gates up to 2-1/4" thick.
- We've also added a Deadbolt for Thick Gates and Doors that will accommodate doors and gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
- We offer a set of three 4x4 stainless steel (grade 316) heavy duty butt hinges that complements the latch well.
- All wooden gates need a gate stop installed. If you're having a new gate built, be sure your gate provider makes and installs a wooden gate stop for your gate.
- Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life. What is a gate stop? Gate stops are typically made of wood running the entire length of the gate. They are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force). If you don't have a gate stop on your gate, you need one! If no gate stop is installed on a gate, and the hinges or latch fail from the stress of that, no replacement will be given. 360 Yardware offers a coordinating "L"-shaped brushed stainless steel gate stop. Please add to your order below.
- If you're looking for gate latches for double gates, the Alta Gate Latch Package for Double Gates is available. The package includes a gate latch set for the operable gate, a dummy handle for the fixed gate, a set of six heavy duty gate hinges, and a stainless steel gate stop.
Shipping & Lead Time
Keeping your hardware looking fresh and polished is as easy as 1-2-3. Just use warm soapy water and a sponge to gentry remove any surface dirt or depositions. We recommend using Dawn basic formula dishwashing soap. Next, rinse your hardware with fresh warm water. Lastly, dry it with a clean, dry cloth or rag. Do this once or twice a year, depending on your location.
Q: Should I answer the handing questions from the "Outside" or the "Inside" of the gate?
A: Whether you answer the questions from the perspective of 'outside' the gate or 'inside' the gate, we will get the right handing. If you answer from the 'outside,' the answers from the inside will be the opposite. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you're answering from the 'outside' of the gate and the gate swings toward you, you will see the latch-arm on the outside of the gate.
Read our FAQs for additional information about various products and policies.
Take a look at the Answering Customer Questions section of our blog for a deeper look at same of our product types and manufacturers.