Stainless Steel Gate Spring Closer Adjustable Tension
About this product:
Made of stainless steel and coated in a black finish, this gate spring will push the gate back closed. You install one bracket to the gate and one to the post (see images below). The spring is always installed on the side of the gate that it swings toward (the side of the gate with the hinges showing) so that it can push the gate closed. Note in the photo below how the spring is installed upper-right to lower-left. The spring always needs to be oriented with the tensioning knob on top-right.
When you should use this spring:
- for gates that are very heavy
- for gates up to 60" wide
- for gates with narrow gaps between gate and post
Not sure which hinge you need? Try our Hinge Chooser!
- 13-1/2" overall length
- Spring measures 10-1/2" long x 1-1/8" diameter
- stainless steel spring (black finish)
- tensioning tool (can also use your own 1/4" socket wrench)
Brutus Gate Spring Installation Instructions:
1. Install spring with 4 screws so that the top (marked on tensioning knob) is positioned on the
upper right side (for both right side and left side of the gate installations).
2. Insert tensioning bar (supplied) into hole at 4 o’clock position on the tensioning knob.
3. Using the tension bar rotate the tensioning knob clockwise. Insert the pin into the first hole
that becomes available as the knob is rotated clockwise.
4. Rotate the tensioning bar counter clockwise so that the pin engages the back plate. Remove
the tensioning bar and check to see if the gate closes as required. If the gate closes properly
no more tension is required. If the gate fails to close then more tension is required. Proceed
to the next step.
5. Insert the tensioning bar into at hole at 5 o’clock position and rotate the tensioning knob
clockwise so that the next hole past the pin is available. Remove the pin and place it in the
next available hole.
6. Repeat step 4.
DO NOT EXCEED THREE HOLES OF TENSIONING
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantySnug Cottage Hardware, LLC guarantees our BPPCG product. We will replace free of charge any BPPCG product that breaks and is found defective for the life time of the original purchaser. Product must have been installed and maintained as per instructions supplied with original product. More details available here.
Non-custom merchandise is returnable or exchangeable within 30 days of delivery. We charge a 15% restocking fee for returns (nothing for exchanges). Products must be received in original, uninstalled condition.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.
- – Refund, less 15% restocking fee, will be issued.
To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.