Full Mortise Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinges
4.5" x 4.5" Square Corners (PAIR)
Ball Bearing Hinges are excellent for larger-sized and heavier doors and gates. The Ball Bearings allow an easier swing and will help prevent the sag that using an inadequate hinge sometimes causes.
This stainless steel ball bearing hinge has a stainless steel pin. Fasteners are included. #12 x 1-1/4" size (This hinge is provided with 1-1/4" long screws. You may want to substitute your own longer screws to grab deeper into the wood. The spec to ask for at the hardware store is #12 made of 18-8 stainless x whatever length you need.)
These are commercial-grade hinges.
A stainless steel hinge is the right choice for coastal locations and corrosive environments.
One pair of these stainless hinges holds a weight of 90lbs. A set of three holds a weight of 125lbs. Mounting screws included.
This hinge can be installed directly to the surface edge of the gate and edge of the post, or can be mortised for a more finished look. For surface-mounted installations, allow a 5/16" gap between edge of gate and post. For mortise installations, allow a 1/16" to 1/8" gap between edge of gate and post.
Please find links to where you can purchase different sets in the Alternate Configurations section below.
- 4.5"x4.5"Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinge (Pair)
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinge (3) -Up to 110lbs
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinge (3)-Up to 110lbs
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinge (3)-Up to 125lbs
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinge (Pair) -Up to 75lbs
- Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinge (Pair)-Up to 75lbs
- Stainless Steel Spring Hinge ComboSet of 3 Hinges (up to 85 lbs)
To help you make your gate hinge decisions, we've created the Hinge Chooser that walks you through the process of finding the right options.
ResourcesTo learn more about stainless steel hardware, care, and maintenance, visit our help page.
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantyOne year finish warranty. More details available here: http://www.pbbinc.com/website/General-Information/One-Year-Finish-Warranty.html
Non-custom merchandise is returnable or exchangeable within 30 days of delivery. We charge a 15% restocking fee for returns (nothing for exchanges). Products must be received in original, uninstalled condition.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.
- – Refund, less 15% restocking fee, will be issued.
To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.