Small Contemporary Bronze Deadbolt - Midnight Black Finish
Available in 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" backset
This solid Cast Bronze deadbolt matches our other Midnight Black bronze hardware, so you don't have to worry about finish. This deadbolt is available as a either a single cylinder or double cylinder. The single cylinder deadbolt offers a thumb-turn on the inside of your gate and a keyed cylinder on the street-side. The double cylinder deadbolt offers keyed cylinders on both sides for maximum security.
- Single Cylinder Deadbolt: Fits gates from 1-3/4" to 3-3/4" thick. Please specify exact gate thickness.
- Double Cylinder Deadbolt: Accommodates gates from 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick.
- Mounting hardware included.
- Plate dimensions: 2"w x 2-1/2"h x 1/4" thick
- Hole in strike plate: 5/8"w x 1-1/16"h
- Bolt nose dimensions: 5/8"w x 3/4"h
Note: Will not fit doors less than 1-3/4" thick. This item will NOT fit on pre-cut doors because the plate width of 2" will not cover the pre-cut hole.
- Midnight Black Bronze
- Single cylinder deadbolts can fit doors or gates from 1-3/4" to 3-3/4" thick.
- Double cylinder deadbolts can fit doors or gates from 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick.
How does this hardware hold up to the elements?
When submitted to a salt-water chamber test, this hardware began to patina at the 16-hour-mark, versus 10-hours for other name-brand, high end bronze products. A client recently wrote that this hardware installed on an waterfront boathouse two years ago looks slightly darker and shinier than the original, but looks otherwise exceptional.
The bottom line is: this hardware is the perfect choice for oceanfront, waterfront, and coastal installations.
ResourcesIf you're considering a deadbolt for your project, please read through our page "What You Need To Know: Using Deadbolts for Gates."
Product ImagesWe're always looking for new photos of our hardware installed on your projects! Send us your photos for a chance to win $100 off your next order!
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantyCoastal Bronze warrants all flat goods (non-locking) to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for five years from the original invoice date. Coastal Bronze warrants all locking goods, including locks, latches and deadbolts, to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for 1 year from the original invoice date. In areas of high humidity or proximity to ocean, warranty is 6 months. Coastal Bronze adds a patina to all products to simulate aged bronze. Finishes will develop a wear highlight and may change color based on environment. This is not considered a defect, but part of the natural beauty of aged bronze.
Non-custom merchandise is returnable or exchangeable within 30 days of delivery. We charge a 15% restocking fee for returns (nothing for exchanges). Products must be received in original, uninstalled condition.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.
- – Refund, less 15% restocking fee, will be issued.
To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.