12" Steel Cranked Band Hinges - pair
A Heavy Duty Strap Hinge in Black Powdercoat Finish
This pair of steel strap hinges is a terrific option when you're looking for a heavy duty black hinge. Black powdercoat finish helps you coordinate with other hardware.
In the square hole on the strap, you insert the included carriage bolt for additional rigidity to the installation (a through-bolt). Please specify the thickness of your gate or door, so that we may send the appropriate carriage bolt length. Carriage bolt is hot dipped galvanized. We recommend touching up the top (once installed) with black spray paint.
Details for this strap hinge hardware:
Material: Hot dipped galvanized steel with powdercoat
Finishes available: Black powdercoat
Set includes mounting hardware, including 3/8" carriage bolt (with nuts and washers) and #12 x 2" stainless steel wood screws
Fits gates and doors up to 5" thick
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates, but the hinges must be installed on the side of the gate that it opens toward.
Sold as a pair (two pintles + two straps + carriage bolts + fasteners).
Dimensions of this steel gate strap hinge:
- Strap Hinge: 12.5"l x 1.5"h x 3/16" thick
- Pintle Plate: 5.375"h x 1.5"w x 1/2" diameter.
- Flush Mount. Flush mount is when the surface of the gate is flush with the surface of the post. Flush Mount has a recommended 1/8" to 1/4" gap between gate and post. "Pin Up" installation has the pintles installed pointing upward, so that you can lift off the gate or door. "Pin Down" installation has the top pintle pointing downward and the bottom pintle pointing upward, so the door or gate can't be lifted off.
- Jamb Mount. This method finds the pintle installed to the jamb. The hinge is on the surface of the gate, and the gate is snugged up to the jamb. Jamb Mount has a recommended 1/8" to 1/4" gap between gate and post. The distance from the front hinge-surface of the gate to the outer edge of post must be at least 2-3/8" (see diagram, distance "A"). "Pin Down" installation has the top pintle pointing downward and the bottom pintle pointing upward, so the door or gate can't be lifted off. "Pin Up" installation has the pintles installed pointing upward, so that you can lift off the gate or door.
- Select the thickness of the gate this will be installed on.
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantySnug Cottage Hardware, LLC guarantees our BPPCG product. We will replace free of charge any BPPCG product that breaks and is found defective for the life time of the original purchaser. Product must have been installed and maintained as per instructions supplied with original product. More details available here.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable. All other merchandise is returnable if it has not be installed. Restocking fees vary by manufacturer; if a return policy is not listed on the item you’re interested in or that you’ve purchased, please contact us and we’ll clarify it.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.*
- – Refund, less $25 processing fee, will be issued.
*To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.