Fleur de Lys Hinge Fronts
This is a pair of beautiful cast aluminum Fleur de Lys Dummy Hinge Fronts that will add that special something to your gate.
- Dimensions for 18" hinge fronts: These hinge fronts are 18-1/2" long; 3" H at the fleur de lys end; 1-3/4" H at the straight end. Thickness ~1/4". Item# ALHFFL18.
- Dimensions for 24" hinge fronts: These hinge fronts are 25" long; 3-1/4" H at the fleur de lys end; 2-1/4" H at the straight end. Thickness ~3/8". Item# ALHFFL24.
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Sold as Pair
- Screws included
Ships within 3 days.
Note: This hardware ships with wood screws. If you're going to install it to a metal garage door, you'd be safest using a sheet metal screw because the threads extend all the way to the head of the screw.
Which Length Do I Choose?
People often wonder which length of hinge front to use for their wood gate, door, or garage door. There is a “rule of thumb” that 25-30% of the gate/door/garage door width is an appropriate proportion. That can be a helpful guide.
To really choose the best hinge front length, you can ask yourself the following question:
“Do I want the dummy hinge to be a FOCAL point or an ACCENT piece?”
- Hinge Front as Focal Point: You might have a beautiful new 42” wooden gate and you want to make a bold statement with it. Go ahead and choose 24” or 36” straps and go for it! You can also play with the quantity of straps you use. For a full-height gate, try 3 or 4 straps if you want to create an eyeful.
- Hinge Front as Accent Piece: Even with the same 42” wooden gate mentioned above, you might want to highlight the gate’s inherent architecture. In this case, a simple pair of 12” straps could just do the trick.
The bottom line is…do what works for you. If you want to go big (literally), go big! If you’d prefer something low-key and understated, so be it. There is no “right” or “wrong” answer.
We're always looking for new photos of our hardware installed on your projects! Send us your photos for a chance to win $100 off your next order!
More images coming soon!
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantyLynn Cove guarantees products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. They offer a two year warranty on all parts, not including labor.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable. All other merchandise is returnable if it has not be installed. Restocking fees vary by manufacturer; if a return policy is not listed on the item you’re interested in or that you’ve purchased, please contact us and we’ll clarify it.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.*
- – Refund, less $25 processing fee, will be issued.
*To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.