Dark Bronze Heavy Duty Hinges with Ball Tip (Set of 3)
A beautiful set of dark bronze hinges to hang a wooden gate or door. Because these are cast, each hinge varies ever so slightly.
Fasteners are included. #12 x 1-1/4" size
Ships within 3-5 business days.
- Dark Bronze
- Black Wax (10% upcharge and 2 weeks added processing time for black finish)
- Dark Bronze 4.5" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinge (Each)
- Dark Bronze 4.5" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinges (Set 3)
- Dark Bronze 4" Ball Tip Heavy Duty Hinges (Sold as Each)
- Dark Bronze Ball Tip Heavy Duty Hinges (Set of 3)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Hinge (Sold as Each)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Hinges (Set of 3)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinge (Sold as Ea)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinges (Set of 3)
Shipping & Lead Time
About This Bronze Hardware:
This bronze hardware contains 90% copper and 10% tin. When it first leaves the mold, the hardware is copper-penny colored. Next, the pieces are patina’d dark bronze. Finally, the hardware has an exterior-grade dark bronze-colored wax applied to it that adds to its weather- and wear-resistance. Bronze ages gracefully and may change in appearance due to varying environmental conditions. The wax helps maintain the color of the hardware for the long term under most conditions. On items like gate latches and door handles where your hand comes in contact with the material regularly: we’ve seen over time that the oils on your skin will slowly wear down the wax where the skin contacts the metal. On all other items where skin doesn’t come in contact with the hardware, you should see dark bronze coloration for the long term.
How does this hardware hold up to the elements?
When submitted to a salt-water chamber test, this hardware began to patina at the 16-hour-mark, versus 10-hours for other name-brand, high end bronze products. A client recently wrote that this hardware installed on an waterfront boathouse two years ago looks slightly darker and shinier than the original, but looks otherwise exceptional.
The bottom line is: this hardware is the perfect choice for oceanfront, waterfront, and coastal installations.
To read about the ways you can care for your bronze hardware, see our Bronze Care page.
Take a look at the Gate Hardware section of our blog for helpful suggestions.