Asian Inspired Design Gate Hardware Package for Double Gate
This Contemporary Gate Latch with Asian-Inspired Ring Handle is an artistic way to welcome people to your home.
If you're looking for black exterior gate hardware, this rust-resistant gate latch is suitable for coastal locations. Plates and rings are aluminum; latch-arm, spindles, and inner workings are stainless steel. The ring handles are spring-loaded for smooth operation; the latch is self-latching, which means it can be used as a pool gate latch. This latch is precision-machined for flawless function.
This Asian Gate Latch fits gates up to 4" thick.
This package is appropriate for in-swinging double gates only.
Lead Time: 1 week
Gate swing direction and exact gate thickness required with order.
NOTE: With double gates, there are two gates--please answer the swing direction questions based on the ACTIVE gate (the one that will be used most frequently). If your double gate swings out, away from the enclosure, please contact us to see whether a dummy handle will work for your application.
This Asian Ring Gate Latch is proudly made in Portland, Oregon, USA. Your purchase supports a local business and we appreciate it!
Your entry gate or garden gate is the first point of welcome to your home and yard. This Asian inspired gate latch inspires quiet calm for your outdoor space. Bring the peacefulness into your garden and yard with this package of gate hardware for a pair of gates.
- Asian Inspired Gate Latch (for the active gate)
- Asian Inspired Dummy Handle (for the fixed gate)
- Set of 6 - 4-1/2" Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball-Bearing Hinges in Satin Black (or your choice)
- Stainless Steel Gate Stop with black powdercoat - what is a gate stop?
Details of this gate latch:
- Material: Stainless steel and aluminum
- Backset: Between 2-3/8" and 3-1/2"
Finishes available: Black powdercoat
Set includes mounting hardware.
Fits gates up to 4" thick.
Operable from both sides.
Suitable for in-swinging gates.
Handing required with order.
- Lockable with added deadbolt.
- Plate: Square plate: 3-1/4"
- Handle: Ring: 4" h x 3-1/4" w
- Latch-arm length: 4-1/2" from center of plate to end of arm
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16" thick
- Projection: 1-1/2"
- We offer a coordinating brass deadbolt (in Flat Black finish) with a square plate. We also have a deadbolt thicker gates and doors. Deadbolts are available in either single or double cylinder, depending on your needs. See these deadbolts under "Related Items" below.
- We offer a coordinating 18" Cane Bolt. With double gates, one cane bolt (also called a drop bolt) is used to hold your fixed gate in the closed position. Many people also like to use a cane bolt on the active gate for additional security when the gates are not in use, and for the ability to hold both gates open when guests are using the entry.
- This hardware package includes six 4-1/2" Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ball-Bearing Hinges in Satin Black (or your choice)
- Six Solid Brass 4" Heavy Duty Ball-Bearing Hinges in Flat Black
- Six Solid Brass 4.5" Heavy Duty Ball-Bearing Hinges in Flat Black
- Six Solid Brass 5" Heavy Duty Ball-Bearing Hinges in Flat Black
- Six 4" x 4" Stainless Steel Self-Closing Spring Hinges in Satin Black Powder Coat
- Six 4.5" x 4.5" Stainless Steel Self-Closing Spring Hinges Satin Black Powder Coat
Hardware TipsTake a look at the Gate Hardware section of our blog for helpful suggestions.
Product ImagesWe're always looking for new photos of our hardware installed on your projects! Send us your photos for a chance to win $100 off your next order!
Warranty360 Yardware warrants this hardware to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for two years from the original invoice date.
ReturnsThis product can be returned in its original condition (original packaging intact, uninstalled, can be put back on the shelf directly) with a 10% restocking fee. If any effort is required to repackage or review the hardware, the restocking fee will be 25%. Customer responsible for return shipping. To initiate return, please complete the Return Form. Initiate a Return Now
Add A Dummy Handle for Double Gates?If you have a double gate, it’s an option to add a dummy handle to the outside of the inactive gate. The dummy handle gives a ‘finished’ and symmetrical look to the gates and provides a handle to pull and push the inactive gate with. For gates that will be used frequently by people who aren’t familiar with the gate: dummy handles can also cause confusion because a visitor doesn’t know which handle is operable.
Add A Gate Stop?A gate stop is needed on all gates. The stops that we have are attached to the gate and catch on the post when the gate is pushed closed. The stop maintains the proper alignment so that the latch can latch, but won’t be damaged if the gate is slammed.
Add Jar of Touch-Up PaintEach cranked band strap hinge comes with a carriage bolt, which is installed through the hinge and through the door/gate. These bolts have a silver finish. At installation, you can paint the carriage bolt’s head black with optional touch-up paint.
Add Cane Bolt?A cane bolt is needed when you have a double gate set. The cane bolt holds the inactive gate down to the ground. It can also be used to hold a gate open. Sometimes two cane bolts are used on double gates (one on each gate) so the gates can be held open (in the case of a driveway gate, for example).
BacksetThe backset is the distance from the edge of the door or gate to the centerpoint of the through-hole of the hardware. Dummy handles do not require a backset.
Deadbolts can be either “single cylinder” or “double cylinder”. Single means there is a key hole on the outside and a thumbturn on the inside. Double means there is a key hole on both sides of the deadbolt.
Door thicknessRefer to the range of acceptable thicknesses on the product description, and then choose your door’s thickness. Try to choose a thickness within 1/8” of your actual thickness.
When you need a dummy handle, you’ll need to choose which side to order. There are two options: Left and Right. Refer to the image below to determine your dummy handle.
Extension Kit for Gates up to 3.5"These latches fit gates up to 2-1/2” with the standard tongue. With the addition of an extended tongue piece, you can fit a gate or door up to 3-1/2” thick.
Gate ThicknessRefer to the range of acceptable thicknesses on the product description, and then choose your gate’s thickness. Try to choose a thickness within 1/8” of your actual thickness.
HingeA number of hinge options are available. Butt hinges work on gates that are ~6 feet high and 42” wide. A thicker gate can use a bigger butt hinge than a thinner gate. If the gate or door is wider than 48”, you should choose a strap hinge.
Interior Door FunctionWhen you need a dummy handle, you’ll need to choose which side to order. There are two options: Left and Right. Refer to the image below to determine your dummy handle.
- Passage Function: Passage or Hall and Closet Lever Handles are used on doors that do not require a locking mechanism. Halls, closets, pantry or laundry doors will generally use a passage leverset. Passage levers do not have a locking mechanism.
- Privacy Function: Privacy Hardware are most often used on Bedrooms, Baths or Office doors where a lock for privacy while occupied is desired, but a keyed lock is not really necessary. Emtek privacy levers have a push button on the rosette or backplate as shown to the left to activate the lock. On the outside, there is a pin hole for emergency unlocking. Some levers will have a pin hole inside a circular piece, some just have a small pinhole.
- Dummy Function: Emtek Double Dummy Door Knobs are sold in pairs. Dummy knobs do not have a latch or mechanism of any kind. These door knobs are surface mounted to a door that has not been bored (large hole cut out). Dummy knobs are generally used on double doors that us a ball catch at the top to keep them closed so a latch is not required. They are also commonly found on the inactive side of a french door - a single dummy mounted on either side of the inactive door.
Key All Deadbolts Alike?If you’re ordering two or more deadbolts, you have the option to use the same key for both, so that you don’t have to use separate keys. If you’re ordering one deadbolt choose “Single Lock or Not Keyed Alike.”
Mortise Lock Type
Rosette StyleThe rosette is the plate portion of your hardware. Choose the rosette that works best for the style you desire.
Screw Shape & LengthHex head screws are made of stainless steel and finished dark to coordinate with the hardware. Square head screws are made of a rust-resistant material (not stainless) and finished dark to coordinate with the hardware. If you’re in a coastal area, choosing the hex head fasteners is the best choice.
Standing in Front of the Gate, Which Way Does It Swing?This gate latch is handed one direction or the other. For single gates, you can answer the handing questions from either side of the gate as long you answer both questions standing in the same position. For double gates: answer the handing question for the active gate (the one that will have the latch installed).
Standing in the same position, what side is the gate hinged on?This gate latch is handed one direction or the other. For single gates, you can answer the handing questions from either side of the gate as long you answer both questions standing in the same position. For double gates: answer the handing question for the active gate (the one that will have the latch installed).
Type of Strike
Surface strike: will be installed to the face of the post (or the face of the second gate if this is a double gate).
Mortise strike: will be installed the inner edge of the post (or the edge of the second gate if this is a double gate).