Modern Gate Latch with Tapered Handle
The Modern Gate Latch with Tapered Handle is a modern ring latch for your wooden gate. Available exclusively through 360 Yardware, we've created a simple contemporary design. Current lead-time: 3 weeks.
If you're looking for black modern exterior gate hardware, this rust-resistant gate hardware is ideal for coastal locations. Plates and rings are aluminum; latch-arm, spindles, and inner workings are stainless steel. The ring handles are spring-loaded for smooth operation; the latch is self-latching, which means it can be used as a pool gate latch.
When you've spent the effort and expense to build modern or contemprary gates and fences, you need a modern gate latch to complement the design. This ring latch is that latch!
This Modern Gate Latch fits gates up to 4" thick.
This ring latch hardware accommodates both in-swinging and out-swinging gates. For out-swinging gates, the latch-arm portion of the latch is installed on the street-side of the gate.
Gate swing direction and exact gate thickness required with order.
This Modern Ring Gate Latch is proudly made in Portland, Oregon, USA. Your purchase supports a small business and we appreciate it!
Details of this gate latch:
Material: Stainless steel and aluminum
Finishes available: Black powdercoat
Set includes mounting hardware.
Fits gates up to 4" thick.
Operable from both sides.
Backset: The centerpoint of the latch handle should be 2-3/4" from the edge of the gate.
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates.
Handing required with order.
- Lockable with added deadbolt.
- Plate: Square plate: 3-1/4"
- Handle: 4-3/8" h x 2-3/4" w at the widest point
- Latch-arm length: 4-1/2" from center of plate to end of arm
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16"thick
- Projection: 1-5/8"
- We offer a coordinating brass deadbolt with a square plate. Deadbolts are available in either single or double cylinder, depending on your needs. See these deadbolts under "Related Items" below.
- We offer packages of three 4x4 heavy duty ball-bearing hinges in either steel or solid brass in Flat Black finish that complement the latch well.
- All wooden gates need a gate stop installed. If you're having a new gate built, be sure your gate provider makes and installs a wooden gate stop for your gate. Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life. What is a gate stop? Gate stops are typically made of wood running the entire length of the gate. They are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force). If you don't have a gate stop on your gate, you need one! If no gate stop is installed on a gate, and the hinges or latch fail from the stress of that, no replacement will be given. 360 Yardware offers a coordinating "L"-shaped stainless steel gate stop with black powdercoat finish. Please add to your order below.
- If you're looking for gate latches for double gates, this latch is available in a double gate package. The package includes a gate latch set for the operable gate, a dummy handle for the fixed gate, a set of six heavy duty gate hinges to hang the gates, and a stainless steel gate stop.