Elise Modern Single-Sided Ring Gate Latch - latching portion + strike plate only
The Elise Contemporary Modern Stainless Steel Gate Latch is a lovely modern gate latch.
This is the single-sided version of our Elise Latch, so it will be installed only on one side of the gate or door, and will only be operable from one side.
If you're looking for a modern ring gate latch, this stainless steel gate latch is ideal for coastal locations. The Elise Latch is crafted of 316 Stainless Steel for the best protection against the elements. The ring handle is spring-loaded for smooth operation, so it works not just for contemporary gates, but also for pool gates because it's self-latching. This gate latch is precision-machined for flawless function.
When you've put the effort and expense into designing and building a unique modern or contemporary wooden gate, you need a modern gate latch to complement the design. The Elise Latch is that gate latch!
This latch accommodates both in-swinging and out-swinging gates. For out-swinging gates, the hardware will be installed on the steet-side of the gate.
Gate swing direction required with order.
Photo by T.S. Whalen.
The Elise Modern Ring Latch is proudly made in Portland, Oregon, USA. Your purchase supports a small business and we appreciate it!
Details for this gate latch
Material: 316 Stainless Steel
Finishes available: Brushed Stainless
Set includes mounting hardware and strike plate
Operable from one side
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates
Handing required with order.
Lockable with added deadbolt.
Dimensions of this stainless steel latch
- Plate: 3-1/2"w x 4-1/2"h
- Ring Handle: 4-5/8"h x 2"w
- Latch-arm length: 4-1/2" from center to end; arm extends 2" past edge of plate.
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16"thick
- Projection: 1"
- We offer a coordinating brushed stainless steel deadbolt for a complete ensemble. Deadbolts are available in either single or double cylinder, depending on your needs. For any gate over 2-1/8" thick (for single cylinder) and 1-7/8" thick (for double cylinder), you'll need to add an extension kit. With an extension kit, the single cylinder deadbolt fits gates up to 2-3/4" thick, while the double cylinder deadbolt will fit gates up to 2-1/4" thick. We've also added a Deadbolt for Thick Gates and Doors that will accommodate doors and gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
- We offer a set of three 4x4 stainless steel (grade 316) heavy duty butt hinges that complements the latch well.
- All wooden gates need a gate stop installed. If you're having a new gate built, be sure your gate provider makes and installs a wooden gate stop for your gate. Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life. What is a gate stop? Gate stops are typically made of wood running the entire length of the gate. They are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force). If you don't have a gate stop on your gate, you need one! If no gate stop is installed on a gate, and the hinges or latch fail from the stress of that, no replacement will be given. 360 Yardware offers a coordinating "L"-shaped brushed stainless steel gate stop. Please add to your order below.
- If you're looking for gate latches for double gates, the Elise Gate Latch Package for Double Gates is available. The package includes a gate latch set for the operable gate, a dummy handle for the fixed gate, a set of six heavy duty gate hinges, and a stainless steel gate stop.
Shipping & Lead Time
To learn more about stainless steel hardware, care, and maintenance, visit our help page.
Read More About 360 Yardware: We have everything you need to replace your old Fence and Gate Hardware. If you have a Wooden Gate or need a Replacement Latch, we offer Gate Latches, Deadbolt Latches, Gate Hinges, Hinge Fronts, and other Ornamental Gate Hardware. We've also combined many of our products into gate hardware sets and value packages.
Our Wooden Gate Latches selection offers something for everyone. If Antique Gate Closures are your style, we carry Cast Iron Hardware and Iron Gate Latches that look like historic and more traditional gate latches. Even better, there are now Aluminum Gate Latches--in the same styles as the antique gate latches--which are rust-resistant and suitable for coastal areas. Our line of Cast Bronze Gate Latches: durable, substantial, and that will age gracefully with no rusting over time. We’ve recently introduced our own collection of Contemporary and Modern gate latches made from stainless steel and rust-resistant aluminum. These latches are all spring-loaded for excellent function, as well as designed to fit the more contemporary style. A few of the latches we offer are versatile in their styling, so they can be used at homes with traditional, antique, contemporary, Japanese, or Spanish aesthetics.
Outdoor gate hardware falls into several types of gate latches: thumb latches, ring latches, lever latches, and bolt latches. Each operates slightly differently and brings a different aesthetic to your gate hardware installation. The categories of gate latches include spring loaded, bolt latches, and gravity latches.
We discuss all of these factors and more at our informational blog entry titled Gate Latch Information Series.