Dark Bronze 4" x 4" Heavy Duty Hinge with Steeple Tip
(Sold as Each)
A beautiful dark bronze hinges to hang a wooden gate or door. Because these are cast, each hinge varies ever so slightly. Sold individually so you can choose the appropriate amount for your project.
Fasteners are included. #12 x 1-1/4" size
- Dark Bronze
- Dark Bronze 4.5" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinge (Each)
- Dark Bronze 4.5" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinges (Set 3)
- Dark Bronze 4" Ball Tip Heavy Duty Hinges (Sold as Each)
- Dark Bronze Ball Tip Heavy Duty Hinges (Set of 3)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Hinge (Sold as Each)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Hinges (Set of 3)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinge (Sold as Ea)
- Dark Bronze 4" Button Tip Heavy Duty Template Hinges (Set of 3)
Not sure which hinge you need? Try our Hinge Chooser!
About This Bronze Hardware:
This bronze hardware contains 90% copper and 10% tin. When it first leaves the mold, the hardware is copper-penny colored. Next, the pieces are patina’d dark bronze. Finally, the hardware has an exterior-grade dark bronze-colored wax applied to it that adds to its weather- and wear-resistance. Bronze ages gracefully and may change in appearance due to varying environmental conditions. The wax helps maintain the color of the hardware for the long term under most conditions. On items like gate latches and door handles where your hand comes in contact with the material regularly: we’ve seen over time that the oils on your skin will slowly wear down the wax where the skin contacts the metal. On all other items where skin doesn’t come in contact with the hardware, you should see dark bronze coloration for the long term.
How does this hardware hold up to the elements?
When submitted to a salt-water chamber test, this hardware began to patina at the 16-hour-mark, versus 10-hours for other name-brand, high end bronze products. A client recently wrote that this hardware installed on an waterfront boathouse two years ago looks slightly darker and shinier than the original, but looks otherwise exceptional.
The bottom line is: this hardware is the perfect choice for oceanfront, waterfront, and coastal installations.
To read about the ways you can care for your bronze hardware, see our Bronze Care page.
Take a look at the Gate Hardware section of our blog for helpful suggestions.
ResourcesPlease review our Resources page for general information about all our products.
Product ImagesWe're always looking for new photos of our hardware installed on your projects! Send us your photos for a chance to win $100 off your next order!
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantyCoastal Bronze warrants all flat goods (non-locking) to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for five years from the original invoice date. Coastal Bronze warrants all locking goods, including locks, latches and deadbolts, to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for 1 year from the original invoice date. In areas of high humidity or proximity to ocean, warranty is 6 months. Coastal Bronze adds a patina to all products to simulate aged bronze. Finishes will develop a wear highlight and may change color based on environment. This is not considered a defect, but part of the natural beauty of aged bronze.
Non-custom merchandise is returnable or exchangeable within 30 days of delivery. We charge a 15% restocking fee for returns (nothing for exchanges). Products must be received in original, uninstalled condition.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.
- – Refund, less 15% restocking fee, will be issued.
To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.