18" Suffolk Style Strap Hinge Set (set of 3) - to hang one gate
This is a set of three 18" Suffolk Strap Hinges and three Square Pintles. Mounting hardware included. Hand forged steel with black powder coating. Appropriate for medium-sized doors and gates.
- Length: 18”
- Mounting plate: 2” x 3-1/2”
- Offset: 1”
- Thickness: 1/8”
- Material: Galvanized Steel
- Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Sold as set of 3 (3 Hinges and 3 Pintles)
Ships within 3 days.
Shipping & Lead Time
How much weight can this hinge hold?
These strap hinges do not have a specific weight rating. Weight rating is not an exact science, given that the prep work may be done incorrectly and affect the function of the hinges. Factors for a successful installation include:
- Using posts of the appropriate thickness
- Installing posts into the ground below frost lines
- Using a carriage bolt through the body of the gate
- Pre-drilling screw holes
- Alignment of everything where the gate and post join
We suggest that the hinges be 1/4 to 1/3 the width of the overall door or gate width, and use one hinge for every 3 feet of height. A 6 ft high door would require 2 hinges, and an 8 ft door would use 3 spaced out appropriately.Read our FAQs for additional information about various products and policies.