Suffolk Hinge Front (18")
This Suffolk Style Hinge Front is made of a high quality aluminum alloy that provides long term rust resistance. Hinges are powder coated black for a traditional appearance. An excellent alternative to actual functioning hinges. Available in 18" length and double the thickness from our smaller version.
Sold as Pair. Screws for installation are included (#8 x 3/4" Countersunk Oval head Slotted Black SS).
Note: This hardware comes with wood screws. If you'd like to install it to a metal garage door, you'd be safest using sheet-metal screws, as they have threads that extend all the way to the head of the screw.
- 19" L x 2" W at base x 1-1/2" W at tip
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Sold as Pair
Ships within 3 days.
Which Length Do I Choose?
People often wonder which length of hinge front to use for their wood gate, door, or garage door. There is a “rule of thumb” that 25-30% of the gate/door/garage door width is an appropriate proportion. That can be a helpful guide.
To really choose the best hinge front length, you can ask yourself the following question:
“Do I want the dummy hinge to be a FOCAL point or an ACCENT piece?”
- Hinge Front as Focal Point: You might have a beautiful new 42” wooden gate and you want to make a bold statement with it. Go ahead and choose 24” or 36” straps and go for it! You can also play with the quantity of straps you use. For a full-height gate, try 3 or 4 straps if you want to create an eyeful.
- Hinge Front as Accent Piece: Even with the same 42” wooden gate mentioned above, you might want to highlight the gate’s inherent architecture. In this case, a simple pair of 12” straps could just do the trick.
The bottom line is…do what works for you. If you want to go big (literally), go big! If you’d prefer something low-key and understated, so be it. There is no “right” or “wrong” answer.
We're always looking for new photos of our hardware installed on your projects! Send us your photos for a chance to win $100 off your next order!
More images coming soon!
Warranty & Return Information
WarrantyLynn Cove guarantees products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. They offer a two year warranty on all parts, not including labor.
Non-custom merchandise is returnable or exchangeable within 30 days of delivery. We charge a 15% restocking fee for returns (nothing for exchanges). Products must be received in original, uninstalled condition.
Custom-produced items (stone doorbells, address plaques) and are not returnable.
The return process in a nutshell:
- – Request a return and receive an RGA e-mail with instructions.
- – You’ll ship back the product(s) you want to return.
- – When product(s) is received, we’ll confirm product is undamaged and resellable.
- – Refund, less 15% restocking fee, will be issued.
To receive a full refund, the original item MUST be in new condition and returned:
- Still in sealed plastic packaging inside product boxes (as originally received)
- Without dirt or sawdust
- Without damage to product finish from incomplete protection during shipment
All returned items are thoroughly inspected, and any item(s) returned in a condition deemed as no longer sellable will not be refunded.Initiate a Return Now
Shipping & Lead Time
Review our shipping rates and policies for more information.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Easy to install and great looking hardware. Adds a lot to the appearance of my garage doors.