16" Stainless Steel 316 Cranked Band Hinges
A Lift-Off Hinge in Black Powdercoat Finish
This pair of stainless steel strap hinges is a terrific option when you're looking for a clean, contemporary hinge. These hinges can be used for carriage house doors, shed doors, or gates. they fit doors and gates with a maximum thickness of 5".
In the square hole on the strap, you insert the included stainless steel (grade 18-8) carriage bolt for additional rigidity to the installation (a through-bolt).
This is a called a lift-off hinge because once installed, the gate or door can be lifted off the pintles if needed. If you'd like to prevent the gate being lifted off, simply install the upper pintle facing down.
These stainless steel hinges are made of marine grade 316 stainless which offers the best in rust resistance, and are powdercoated satin black. The carriage bolt is a stainless finish, so we include touch-up paint to paint the heads black after installation.
Details for this strap hinge hardware:
Material: 316 Stainless Steel
Finishes available: Satin Black powdercaot
Set includes mounting hardware, including stainless steel carriage bolt (with nuts and washers) and #12 x 2" stainless steel wood screws
Fits gates and doors up to 5" thick
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates, but the hinges must be installed on the side of the gate that it opens toward.
Sold as a pair (two pintles + two straps).
Dimensions of this stainless steel hinge:
- Strap Hinge: 16"l x 1.5"h
- Pintle: 5.25"h x 1.5"w x 1/2"diameter.
Ships within 1 week
- Select the thickness of the gate this will be installed on.
Please find links to where you can purchase different sizes and quantity sets in the Alternate Configurations section below.
- 12" Heavy Duty Cranked Band Strap Hinges (Black Finish)
- 12" Heavy Duty Cranked Band Strap Hinges (Black) - Set of 3
- 16" Stainless Steel 316 Grade Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Pair)
- 16" Stainless Steel 316 Grade Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Set of 3)
- 16" Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Pair) (Black)
- 16" Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Set of 3) (Black)
- 18" Heavy Duty Cranked Band Strap Hinges (Black Finish)
- 18" Heavy Duty Cranked Band Strap Hinges (Black) - Set of 3
- 24" Heavy Duty Cranked Band Strap Hinges (Black Finish)
- 24" Heavy Duty Cranked Band Strap Hinges (Black) - Set of 3
- 24" Stainless Steel 316 Grade Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Pair)
- 24" Stainless Steel 316 Grade Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Set of 3)
- 24" Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Pair) (Black)
- 24" Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Strap Hinges (Set of 3) (Black)
Shipping & Lead Time
Interested in more info about strap hinges? Read about tips and installation here.
To learn more about stainless steel hardware, care, and maintenance, visit our help page.
Read More About 360 Yardware:
At 360 Yardware, we offer "360 Degrees of Outdoor Decor." We chose the term yardware to describe anything a person would need to enhance the outside of their home. Our products are not simply for function, they are an architectural complement to the home.
We have everything you need to replace your old Fence and Gate Hardware. If you have a Wooden Gate or need a Replacement Latch, we offer Gate Latches, Deadbolt Latches, Gate Hinges, Hinge Fronts, and other Ornamental Gate Hardware. We've also combined many of our products into gate hardware sets and value packages.
Our Wooden Gate Latches selection offers something for everyone. If Antique Gate Closures are your style, we carry Cast Iron Hardware and Iron Gate Latches that look like historic and more traditional gate latches. Even better, there are now Aluminum Gate Latches--in the same styles as the antique gate latches--which are rust-resistant and suitable for coastal areas. Our line of Cast Bronze Gate Latches: durable, substantial, and that will age gracefully with no rusting over time. We’ve recently introduced our own collection of Contemporary and Modern gate latches made from stainless steel and rust-resistant aluminum. These latches are all spring-loaded for excellent function, as well as designed to fit the more contemporary style. A few of the latches we offer are versatile in their styling, so they can be used at homes with traditional, antique, contemporary, Japanese, or Spanish aesthetics.
Outdoor gate hardware falls into several types of gate latches: thumb latches, ring latches, lever latches, and bolt latches. Each operates slightly differently and brings a different aesthetic to your gate hardware installation. The categories of gate latches include spring loaded, bolt latches, and gravity latches.
We discuss all of these factors and more at our informational blog entry titled Gate Latch Information Series.
Take a look at the Gate Hardware section of our blog for helpful suggestions.