12" Long Suffolk Style Strap Hinge Set - to hang one gate
If you want to hang your wooden gate with strap hinges, consider this set of three Suffolk strap hinges and pintles. Hand forged steel with black powder coat. Mounting hardware included. Appropriate for a small- to medium-sized gate.
- Hinges are 12" long
- Pintles: Plate dimension: 3-5/8" H x 1-7/8" W, Pintle length is 1-5/8".Length: 12”
- Material: Galvanized Steel
- Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Set includes 3 hinges and pintles to hang a wooden gate
Ships within 3 days.
Shipping & Lead Time
How much weight can this hinge hold?
These strap hinges do not have a specific weight rating. Weight rating is not an exact science, given that the prep work may be done incorrectly and affect the function of the hinges. Factors for a successful installation include:
- Using posts of the appropriate thickness
- Installing posts into the ground below frost lines
- Using a carriage bolt through the body of the gate
- Pre-drilling screw holes
- Alignment of everything where the gate and post join
We suggest that the hinges be 1/4 to 1/3 the width of the overall door or gate width, and use one hinge for every 3 feet of height. A 6 ft high door would require 2 hinges, and an 8 ft door would use 3 spaced out appropriately.