Leva Modern Stainless Steel Lockable Gate Latch
The Leva Latch is a highly crafted stainless steel gate latch with a built-in deadbolt. It's operable from both sides. It can be used on both in-swinging and out-swinging applications. On in-swinging gates, it'll be installed as photographed below, with the keyed cylinder on the outside, and the latch-arm on the inside.
The latch-arm is spring-loaded, as are the two lever handles, so this is a self-latching latch.
The latch will accommodate gates between 1.5" and 5.5" thick. Please read all details below to verify that this latch will fit your installation. If you have any questions, contact us.
Details for this gate latch:
- Material: 316 Stainless Steel
- Mechanism: Spring-Loaded lever handles and latch-arm
- Finishes available: Brushed Stainless
- Set includes mounting hardware
- Fits gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
- Operable from both sides.
- Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates.
- Handing required with order. To determine your gate's swing direction, click here.
- Lockable. Two keys included.
- Ships within see stock notes below.
- Plate: 2-3/4" wide x 9" high x 3/8" thick
- Handle: 4-3/4"l x 3/4"w x 3/4"d
- Latch-arm: 4-1/2" from center to end; arm extends 2" past edge of plate
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16" thick
- Handle Projection: 1-3/4"
- Backset: The latch will be installed with either a 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" backset. Specify with your order below. What is a backset?
- Thickness: This latch will fit gates and doors between 1.5" and 5.5".
- Gate stop: All wooden gates need a gate stop installed. If you're having a new gate built, be sure your gate provider makes and installs a wooden gate stop for your gate. Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life. What is a gate stop? Gate stops are typically made of wood running the entire length of the gate. They are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force). If you don't have a gate stop on your gate, you need one! If no gate stop is installed on a gate, and the hinges or latch fail from the stress of that, no replacement will be given. 360 Yardware offers a coordinating "L"-shaped brushed stainless steel gate stop. Please add to your order below.
- Hinges: We offer a set of three 4x4 stainless steel heavy duty butt hinges that complements the latch well. See options.
- Warranty: 360 Yardware warrants this product to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for 1 year from the original invoice date. Gates must have a gate stop installed (wood or metal) in order to maintain the warranty.
Lead-Time: Current lead-time is 4 weeks.
This product can be returned in its original condition (original packaging intact, uninstalled, can be put back on the shelf directly) with a 10% restocking fee. If any effort is required to repackage or review the hardware, the restocking fee will be 25%. Customer responsible for return shipping. To initiate return, please complete the Return Form.
Read More About 360 Yardware: At 360 Yardware, we offer "360 Degrees of Outdoor Decor." We chose the term yardware to describe anything a person would need to enhance the outside of their home. Our products are not simply for function, they are an architectural complement to the home.
We have everything you need to replace your old Fence and Gate Hardware. If you have a Wooden Gate or need a Replacement Latch, we offer Gate Latches, Deadbolt Latches, Gate Hinges, Hinge Fronts, and other Ornamental Gate Hardware. We've also combined many of our products into gate hardware sets and value packages.
Our Wooden Gate Latches selection offers something for everyone. If Antique Gate Closures are your style, we carry Cast Iron Hardware and Iron Gate Latches that look like historic and more traditional gate latches. Even better, there are now Aluminum Gate Latches--in the same styles as the antique gate latches--which are rust-resistant and suitable for coastal areas. Our line of Cast Bronze Gate Latches: durable, substantial, and that will age gracefully with no rusting over time. We’ve recently introduced our own collection of Contemporary and Modern gate latches made from stainless steel and rust-resistant aluminum. These latches are all spring-loaded for excellent function, as well as designed to fit the more contemporary style. A few of the latches we offer are versatile in their styling, so they can be used at homes with traditional, antique, contemporary, Japanese, or Spanish aesthetics.
Outdoor gate hardware falls into several types of gate latches: thumb latches, ring latches, lever latches, and bolt latches. Each operates slightly differently and brings a different aesthetic to your gate hardware installation. The categories of gate latches include spring loaded, bolt latches, and gravity latches.
We discuss all of these factors and more at our informational blog entry titled Gate Latch Information Series.
- Stainless Steel: 316
- Suitable for Coastal Applications:
- Suitable for In-Swinging Gates:
- Suitable for Out-Swinging Gates:
- Item #: Leva
- Manufacturer: 360 Yardware