Alta Modern Gate Latch
Latching Side Only - for one-sided application like a trash enclosure or a short gate.
Description of this contemporary gate latch: The Alta Contemporary Modern Stainless Steel Gate Latch is a lovely modern gate latch. This listing is for just the latching side + strike plate, for single-sided applications.
Gate swing direction and exact gate thickness required with order.
Details for this gate latch:
Material: 316 Stainless Steel
Finishes available: Brushed Stainless
Set includes mounting hardware
Fits gates of any thickness.
Operable from one side.
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates. On out-swinging gates, the latch will be installed on the exterior of the gate.
Handing required with order.
Lockable with added deadbolt.
- Ships within see stock notes below.
- Warranty: 360 Yardware warrants this product to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for 1 year from the original invoice date. Gates must have a gate stop installed (wood or metal) in order to maintain the warranty.
Dimensions of this stainless steel latch
- Plate: 3-1/2"w x 4-1/2"h
- Handle: 4-3/4"l x 3/4"w x 3/4"d
- Latch-arm length: 4-1/2" from center to end; arm extends 2" past edge of plate.
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16" thick
- Handle Projection: 2-3/8"
Options for this contemporary gate latch:
- Locking: We offer a coordinating brushed stainless steel deadbolt for a complete ensemble. Deadbolts are available in either single or double cylinder, depending on your needs.
For any gate over 2-1/8" thick (for single cylinder) and 1-7/8" thick (for double cylinder), you'll need to add an extension kit. With an extension kit, the single cylinder deadbolt fits gates up to 2-3/4" thick, while the double cylinder deadbolt will fit gates up to 2-1/4" thick.
We've also added a Deadbolt for Thick Gates and Doors that will accommodate doors and gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
- Hinges: We offer a set of three 4x4 stainless steel (grade 316) heavy duty butt hinges that complements the latch well.
Gate Stop: All wooden gates need a gate stop installed. If you're having a new gate built, be sure your gate provider makes and installs a wooden gate stop for your gate. Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life. What is a gate stop? Gate stops are typically made of wood running the entire length of the gate. They are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force). If you don't have a gate stop on your gate, you need one! If no gate stop is installed on a gate, and the hinges or latch fail from the stress of that, no replacement will be given. 360 Yardware offers a coordinating "L"-shaped brushed stainless steel gate stop. Please add to your order below.
Double Gates: If you're looking for gate latches for double gates, the Alta Gate Latch Package for Double Gates is available. The package includes a gate latch set for the operable gate, a dummy handle for the fixed gate, a set of six heavy duty gate hinges, and a stainless steel gate stop.
Also available in these configurations:
- Alta Contemporary Dummy Lever Handle
- Alta Contemporary Gate Latch Double Gate Hardware Package
- Alta Stainless Steel Contemporary Modern Gate Latch
- Alta Stainless Steel Gate Latch Single Gate Hardware Package
The Alta Contemporary Lever Latch is proudly made in Portland, Oregon, USA. Your purchase supports a local business and we appreciate it!
Lead-Time: 1 week
This product can be returned in its original condition (original packaging intact, uninstalled, can be put back on the shelf directly) with a 10% restocking fee. If any effort is required to repackage or review the hardware, the restocking fee will be 25%. Customer responsible for return shipping. To initiate return, please complete the Return Form.
- Stainless Steel: 316
- Suitable for Coastal Applications:
- Suitable for In-Swinging Gates:
- Suitable for Out-Swinging Gates:
- Item #: Alta-Latching
- Manufacturer: 360 Yardware