Alta Modern Gate Latch
Description of this contRemporary gate latch: The Alta Contemporary Modern Stainless Steel Gate Latch is a lovely modern gate latch. Available exclusively through 360 Yardware, we have created another gorgeous gate latch!
The Alta is a two-sided latch, operable from both sides.
If you're looking for a modern lever gate latch, this stainless steel gate latch is ideal for coastal locations. The Alta Latch is crafted of 316 Stainless Steel for the best protection against the elements. The lever handles are spring-loaded for smooth operation, so it works not just for contemporary gates, but also for pool gates because it's self-latching. This gate latch is precision-machined for flawless function.
When you've put the effort and expense into designing and building a unique modern or contemporary wooden gate, you need a modern gate latch to complement the design. The Alta Latch is that gate latch!
The Alta Latch fits gates up to 5-1/2" thick; specify gate thickness with order.
What if I don't know the exact thickness of my gate yet? If you don't know the exact thickness of the gate, please overestimate. The metal rod connecting the handles through the body of the gate can be cut down on-site by your installer.
The Alta Gate Latch accommodates both in-swinging and out-swinging gates. For out-swinging gates, the latch-arm portion of the latch is installed on the street-side of the gate.
Latch photo by T.S. Whalen.
Gate swing direction and exact gate thickness required with order. If you're ordering for a double gate, please note the swing direction for the moving gate (not the fixed gate).
Details for this gate latch:
Material: 316 Stainless Steel
Finishes available: Brushed Stainless
Set includes mounting hardware
Fits gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
Operable from both sides.
Suitable for in-swinging and out-swinging gates.
Handing required with order. To determine your gate's swing direction, click here.
Lockable with added deadbolt.
- Ships within see stock notes below.
- Warranty: 360 Yardware warrants this product to be free of defects in material and craftsmanship for 1 year from the original invoice date. Gates must have a gate stop installed (wood or metal) in order to maintain the warranty.
Dimensions of this stainless steel latch
- Plate: 3-1/2"w x 4-1/2"h
- Handle: 4-3/4"l x 3/4"w x 3/4"d
- Latch-arm length: 4-1/2" from center to end; arm extends 2" past edge of plate.
- Strike: 3-1/4"h x 1-1/2"w x 3/16" thick
- Handle Projection: 2-3/8"
Options for this contemporary gate latch:
- Locking: We offer a coordinating brushed stainless steel deadbolt for a complete ensemble. Deadbolts are available in either single or double cylinder, depending on your needs.
For any gate over 2-1/8" thick (for single cylinder) and 1-7/8" thick (for double cylinder), you'll need to add an extension kit. With an extension kit, the single cylinder deadbolt fits gates up to 2-3/4" thick, while the double cylinder deadbolt will fit gates up to 2-1/4" thick.
We've also added a Deadbolt for Thick Gates and Doors that will accommodate doors and gates up to 5-1/2" thick.
- Hinges: We offer a set of three 4x4 stainless steel (grade 316) heavy duty butt hinges that complements the latch well.
Gate Stop: All wooden gates need a gate stop installed. If you're having a new gate built, be sure your gate provider makes and installs a wooden gate stop for your gate. Gate stops prevent hinge, latch, and gate damage and prolong gate life. What is a gate stop? Gate stops are typically made of wood running the entire length of the gate. They are attached to the jamb or post in such a way that prevents the latch bar/hinges/gate from taking the force of the gate closing (instead the gate stop takes the force). If you don't have a gate stop on your gate, you need one! If no gate stop is installed on a gate, and the hinges or latch fail from the stress of that, no replacement will be given. 360 Yardware offers a coordinating "L"-shaped brushed stainless steel gate stop. Please add to your order below.
Double Gates: If you're looking for gate latches for double gates, the Alta Gate Latch Package for Double Gates is available. The package includes a gate latch set for the operable gate, a dummy handle for the fixed gate, a set of six heavy duty gate hinges, and a stainless steel gate stop.
Also available in these configurations:
- Alta Contemporary Dummy Lever Handle
- Alta Contemporary Gate Latch Double Gate Hardware Package
- Alta Stainless Steel Gate Latch Single Gate Hardware Package
- Alta Stainless Steel Latch (Latching Side Only
The Alta Contemporary Lever Latch is proudly made in Portland, Oregon, USA. Your purchase supports a local business and we appreciate it!
Lead-Time: 2-3 weeks.
This product can be returned in its original condition (original packaging intact, uninstalled, can be put back on the shelf directly) with a 10% restocking fee. If any effort is required to repackage or review the hardware, the restocking fee will be 25%. Customer responsible for return shipping. To initiate return, please complete the Return Form.
- Stainless Steel: 316
- Suitable for Coastal Applications:
- Suitable for In-Swinging Gates:
- Suitable for Out-Swinging Gates:
- Item #: Alta
- Manufacturer: 360 Yardware